Being the cultural capital of Uttar Pradesh, Lucknow is the most vibrant city in the state. Apart from mouth-watering biryani, the city also serves us heritage tourist spots and a range of shopping hubs to choose from! Topping the list of items-to- shop, is the authentic Lucknowi
Chikankari handwork, for which the city is known, since ages. Following are the best places to visit to fill your shopping bags.
1. Aminabad: The favorite market of the locals, this places has been there since the Nawabs of Awadh. Drop in to shop garments, accessories, cloths, shoes, cosmetics, hardware, books, bags, wedding accessories etc. Also, Thursday markets are a routine here for a variety of things at bargain prices!
2. Hazaratganj: A 100 year-old- marketplace, it was built by Amjat ali Shah. It hosts branded stores and counts as being the most posh market in the city. It also receives aesthetic admiration by shoppers all around, when illuminated in the evenings. Except Sundays, you can visit it anytime and shop from Janpath, Lovelane or Sahara mall.
3. Chowk: Chowk is the key marketplace for Chikankari material as there are manufacturers in the market. Also, Sarraf Bazaar is situated nearby which is a hub for best jewellery. And when you are finally tired of your shopping spree, treat your taste buds with delicious Kebabs, Paranthe, Biryani and a variety of desserts.
4. Ada Designer Chikan Studio: Standing out from the rest, this place is not a marketplace, but an outlet. Decorated beautifully, it gives a feeling of a palace but is actually a huge collection of authentic handwork Chikankari at really affordable prices. They provide a plethora of garments like Kurtis, Suits, Sarees, Palazzos, Lehenga and accessories as well. Also, its open 24×7, hence more convenient to everybody!
5. Bhoothnath market: Named after the Shiva temple in the vicinity, this market is the perfect mix of Hazaratganj and Aminabad. It’s an upcoming market with malls as well as mid-ranged vendors. With a few good restaurants, this is still an undiscovered market that’s remains closed during Wednesdays. Also, it sells vegetables and fruits for a scrumptious dinner!