There are many popular hand embroideries in India like Chikankari of Lucknow, kashidakari embroidery of Kashmir, Kantha of Bengal, Phulkari of Punjab & Kutchi embroidery of Gujarat. Each embroidery among these has its own significance and beauty and they are very much different from the other.
Lucknow has always been known for its monuments, cultural heritage and Lucknow Chikan apart from the glorious past Lucknow has also been known for fine handicrafts that are made here, some of the popular handicrafts produced here are Chikankari embroidery, bone carving, block textile painting, terracotta and many more.
- Kashidakari of Kashmir– It is a beautiful embroidery done mostly by the mens and in families of Srinagar, it combines a number of colors the motifs made are basically taken from the nature like floral motifs, bird motifs, fabric that is used for kashidakari embroidery is wool, silk,cotton while the threads used are wool and silk.
- Phulkari embroidery– Punjabi embroidery is phulkari embroidery that includes only floral motifs. Phulkari with floral motifs is called bagh.
- Kutch work embroidery– This embroidery is being practiced in Gujarat it is believed that it was introduced to the Mochi’s by a muslim from Sindh. This embroidery is original and includes mirror work and interlacing stitch set.
- Kantha Embroidery of West Bengal– This is a running stitch and its quite simple, earlier this type of embroideries was made on sarees, dhotis, quilts but with time passes away it has made its way into Indian Fashion.
- Chikankari Embroidery– Lucknow Chikankari is an intricate shadow type of embroidery, this type of embroidery was traditionally done using white yarn on colorless muslin or cotton fabrics.
ADA Designer Chikan Studio offers Lucknow Chikankari fusing the traditional craft with modern woman’s persona to curate collections across various categories!
Ada is a one-stop destination for men’s and women’s ethnic wear. More than 30,000 artisans work for Ada, successfully delivering Lucknow crafts to over 10,000 Indian pin codes and over 80 foreign countries. So, whether you’re searching for night-out looks, wedding fits, work attires, or comfort lounge attire, we’ve rounded up some of the trendiest outfits to start building your new-season style.
Visit our showrooms:
● 68 & 73 Hazratganj Lucknow 226001
● Lucknow Chaudhary Charan Singh Domestic Airport
● Kolkata Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport
● Phoenix Palassio, Amar Shaheed Path Lucknow
Browse our collections at www.adachikan.com
E-mail us at – email@example.com
WhatsApp us at +91 8795160153 / +91 9919936677
Download Our App on iOS: https://apps.apple.com/in/app/ada-designer-chikan-studio/id1628109359
Download Our App on Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ada.chikan&pli=1